We’re looking for a Technical Product Manager to own product direction and guide the product roadmap for both our phone and web application.
At Vimocity, we believe that every individual deserves access to expert injury-prevention solutions - and we’re building the technology to make it happen. We're a team of collaborative change-makers bound together by a passion for developing a better way to keep employees moving and feeling their best. At the center of our solution is a powerful web and mobile platform that puts proven injury-prevention solutions in the hands of our clients and each of their employees. We walk with our clients every step of the way to deliver-world class customer service that sets companies up to thrive and changes individuals' lives along the way.
Every day we’re learning and working together in order to be our best selves and achieve our mission of expanding the boundaries of what is possible for each individual through healthy movement.
You will join a group of performance-driven, self-starting team members who are constantly seeking ways to serve our customers more effectively, all while building an enduring movement-lifestyle brand.
The right candidate is eager to learn new skills and join a rapidly growing team that is forward-thinking and is hungry to positively impact the quality of life of the people we serve. This position is based in Seattle, WA.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager who can identify, capture and prioritize customer needs through research-driven/agile methodologies and translate to them requirements for the team.
A Day In the Life of the Technical Product Manager
- You will manage the product backlog, including expertly prioritizing the features and stories for sprints. This will involve working closely with the business and tech teams to determine the right priorities and investments.
- Create a well-defined user story based on the “Ready State” defined by the technical team.
- Collaborate with the technical team to define size of user stories based on Agile frameworks
- Resolve all external dependencies, whether the dependency was on another team or on an outside vendor.
- Work with UX and designers to create a functional design mocked up, or even fully designed (when applicable), plus addressed screens affected by the story.
- You will create a long term product roadmap or a game plan for building the product that is based upon the product vision. This will include creating specific short, medium, and long term goals that measurably impact business objectives. It includes the tasks that each team and employee will execute, the timeline for when each one should be completed and the overall impact that each will have on the business objective.
- You will conduct user and market research regularly connecting with customers on needs and translating them into the technical roadmap.
- You will always be looking ahead and predicting trends in the marketplace and guiding a product roadmap that thoughtfully and intentionally capitalizes on shifting user demands.
- You will be an expert a assessing, anticipating, and mitigating risk. You will anticipate roadblocks, timeline delays in order to steer away from potential issues. Work with the tech team to determine where the roadmap can drive more efficiency.
- You are an expert at agile and lean methodologies and are able to adapt to the needs of the business and development team in creating a healthy and efficient agile workflow.
- Create a test plan for the user story
- Identify what “done” is for the tech team.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including tech team, business team and users.
Experience You Will Need to Succeed:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years managing platform products in the B2B SAAS Enterprise organization
- Experience in Agile & Scrum frameworks
- Ability to thoughtfully advocate for the adoption of new frameworks and methodologies
- Interpersonal and communication skills that value both transparency and compassion.
- Presentation skills
- Detail orientated
- Strong skills in anticipating challenges and coming up with solutions to overcome them.
- Familiarity with agile and lean product management frameworks
- Strong problem-solving and process orientated skills
- Data and results driven with the ability to come up with creative solutions.